Latest Tesla Roadster video shows its unique entry feature & rear seats
Next-gen Tesla Roadster prototypes don’t have door handles and it looks like Tesla is determined to keep it that way as the latest video from the Tesla Autonomy Day shows how to open the doors and enter the car.
Also in the same short video below, we can see the rare seats of the 2020 Tesla Roadster for the first time — it’s a superfast sports car but it can seat 4 adults.
Tesla investors were given hours of presentations on how Tesla is progressing towards a Full Self-Driving future on the Tesla Autonomy Day earlier this week on Monday, after the presentations the investors were allowed to take a closer look at the next-gen Tesla Roadster.
Tesla is always investing in innovation through extensive R&D which brings unique features to its cars, we can see in the video below that the handle-less doors of the 2020 Tesla Roadster are opened by swiping the three line symbol on the ‘B-Pillar’.
Let’s see how it looks to open a futuristic car this way in the following video:
As we can see that the swiping motion’s direction should be downwards if the sensor is swiped in upward motion the door would not open. Hopefully opening the doors will only work when the car’s key or owner’s cell phone with the Tesla Mobile App is in near proximity of the car.
Opening the doors of a car this way is a unique and cool looking feature that sets the Tesla Roadster apart from the rest of the lineup and even other sports cars.
Although the rear passenger seats of the next-gen Tesla Roadster look a bit tight but still useful and probably removed to install cold air thrusters for people who want to buy the SpaceX Package.
When the Tesla Roadster hits the assembly line probably in late 2020, this will be fastest production car ever made, the prototypes can go from 0-60 mph before you can finish reading this sentence (video proof).
Hamid also shared some stunning photos on his Instagram which you can look below for your viewing pleasure, do let us know your thoughts in the comments section.
- Tesla restarts the referral program, win a Model Y every month, Roadster each quarter
- Tesla Roadster can go from 0-60 before you can read this headline (video)
- The incredible story of an EV evangelist who won a 4 Teslas including 2 next-gen Roadsters
- Tesla unveils the Model Y compact SUV with up to 300 miles of range
- See some jaw-dropping renders of the 2020 Tesla Roadster in red and white
- Musk’s EV inspiration, an original ‘tZero’ burned in a destructive fire along with several Tesla Roadsters
- Tesla Roadster and Semi Truck appear at the 2018 Tesla Shareholder Meeting