Tesla raises Model 3 prices a little, Full Self-Driving price stays put despite early notices
Tesla Inc. has just increased the price of all three variants of the Tesla Model 3 by $400 and reportedly has also applied the price rise to the base $35,000 Model 3 which is only available off-menu (only by phone or visiting a Tesla Store).
Tesla also increased the Right-Hand-Drive Model 3 prices in the UK by £950 within only two weeks of opening the online design studio for the country.
The Tesla Full-Self-Driving (FSD) option package still remains at $6,000 despite early notices and warnings by Elon Musk that it will increase after 1st May later extended to 10th May.
Tesla has been on a roller coaster ride when it comes to settling the prices for the Model 3 especially since the launch of the $35k base trim of the most popular electric car of the world.
The latest Tesla Model 3 prices after increase:
- Model 3 Standard Range: $35,400
- Model 3 Standard Range Plus: $39,900
- Model 3 Long Range (Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive): $49,900
- Model 3 Performance: $59,900
Tesla had also increased the worldwide prices of the entire lineup by 3% back in March in order to keep many of their physical stores from shutting down. Yesterday’s price increase was unprecedented while potential customers were expecting FSD price to increase by $1,000 at least.
Since the Autopilot software suite with a considerable number of safety and some autonomous features is now bundled in the total vehicle price, Tesla might have a bit of tough time adjusting the Autopilot costs and profits in vehicle MSRP.
After the current $400 price increase in Model 3 prices, Tesla might be able to hold the FSD prices on the current level but it remains to be seen in the next few days or weeks.
- Tesla deploys two new lane-departure safety features, FSD price to increase soon
- First look: Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus, compare audio with premium sound
- Tesla firmware update 2019.16 full release notes
- This Tesla Model 3 crash proves ‘it is the safest car ever built’, Tesla calls the owner within 5 mins for assistance
- Tesla Autopilot saved several lives by avoiding a dangerous situation, recorded on Model 3 dashcam
- Tesla ‘Sentry Mode’ explained in funny Cookie Monster video
- Watch Tesla Autopilot handle the ‘road without lane markings’ like a pro