Watch Tesla Model X P100D absolutely crush Jeep Trackhawk in a 1/4 mile drag race
Tesla Model X P100D seems to be the favorite drag race SUV in the racing circle around the world as car enthusiasts try to compete it with any and every powerful car possible, even with a 6.5L V12 Ferrari 612 Superfast as we saw previously.
We also saw the Model X P100D beat the hell out of a Jaguar I-Pace on the drag strip and fight a Lamborghini Urus recently, but the one left till now was the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk.
Jeep Trackhaw is a beast with a 6.2L Supercharged V8 engine that cranks out 707 bhp of power @6000 RPM — this is a worthy contender against the Tesla Model X P100D in a 1/4 mile drag race.
The race took place in a cold temperature of 4 Degrees Celsius or 39.2 Fahrenheit which affects the performance of an electric car, they pre-heated the batteries before for the Ludicrous Mode to kick-in, let’s see how it affected the Model X on the track.
Let’s take a quick look at both large SUVs racing stats that play a vital role in a race — at this massive size the Jeep Trackhawk is still a bit lighter than the P100D Model X, that might be due to the large 100 kWh battery pack.
|Options||Tesla MOdel X P100D||Jeep Trackhawk|
|Battery Pack/Engine||100 kWh Performance Version||6.2 L Supercharged Premium Unleaded V-8|
|Drivetrain||Performance Dual Motors (AWD)||Four Wheel Drive|
|Torque||920 lb ft||645 lb-ft|
|Horsepower||588 hp||707 hp|
|Curb Weight||5,700 pounds||5363 pounds|
|Attempt #||Tesla MOdel X P100D||Jeep Trackhawk||AMG GLC 3|
|1||11.8 sec||11.9 sec||12.1 sec|
- World’s quietest drag race: Jaguar I-Pace vs Tesla Model X 100D & P100D
- A Simple method to protect your Tesla from getting stolen via key fob relay attacks
- Tesla Model X P100D drag races against a 6.5L V12 Ferrari 812 Superfast
- Tesla Model S P100D vs. Dodge Demon in an epic 1/4 mile drag race battle
- Tesla Model 3 Performance sets a new record for 0-60 mph
- Tesla Model 3 Performance takes on Tesla Model X P100DL, McLaren 570S and a Camaro SS in 1/4 mile drags
- Ludicrous Mode & LaFerrari Power Is Not Enough For The Rimac Concept One
JeffPosted at 21:16h, 08 December
… and at double the Jeep’s price, perhaps this should not be so surprising.
Iqtidar AliPosted at 07:02h, 09 December