24 Dec How to break a Tesla Model X falcon wing door [video]
Dec 24, 2018 | by Iqtidar Ali
Hustling might cost big sometimes as we can see in the video below where a Tesla Model X owner damages their left-side falcon wing door while backing up the vehicle from the garage.
While its funny to watch the incident but also horrible for a luxury SUV owner, we are talking about a door being totaled that was the reason for Model Xs launch and production delays as it was a design and engineering challenge that Tesla aims to never attempt again.
Although a Tesla Model X is one of the toughest and safest cars on the planet and can even bear a small plane crashing into it, what the Model X driver in this video is trying to do is pure insanity that would have cost them $10-20k and and an unprecedented wait time on the repair or replacement.
Let’s watch how you can easily and quickly break your Tesla Model X falcon wing door in reverse gear:
Clearly, the driver here is at fault as she looked in a hurry and did not notice that one of the doors was still open, this may have been because of the door sensing something underneath and closing slowly or a bit late.
The Model X falcon wing doors have several sensors in order to prevent things from crushing underneath while closing (see video below), also Model X falcon wing doors can open and close in tight parking spaces to provide convenience for the occupants.
Recently Swiss Government added a modified Tesla Model X to their Basel City Police Department‘s patrol fleet to help in day to day activities of the cops, which proves the electric SUV’s utility capabilities and versatility.
- Surviving at -15°C/5°F inside a Tesla Model X with the ‘Keep Climate On’ option
- Watch Tesla Model X P100D absolutely crush Jeep Trackhawk in a 1/4 mile drag race
- World’s quietest drag race: Jaguar I-Pace vs Tesla Model X 100D & P100D
- Modified Tesla Model X is a new addition to Basel City Police Department in Switzerland
- Tesla Model X P100D drag races against a 6.5L V12 Ferrari 812 Superfast
- Tesla Model S P100D vs. Dodge Demon in an epic 1/4 mile drag race battle
- Tesla Model 3 Performance sets a new record for 0-60 mph
- Tesla Model 3 Performance takes on Tesla Model X P100DL, McLaren 570S and a Camaro SS in 1/4 mile drags