08 Oct Tesla Model X P100D drag races against a 6.5L V12 Ferrari 812 Superfast
Oct 08, 2018 | by Iqtidar Ali
Superfast — yes that’s the name of the Ferrari in this drag race and it’s called ‘Superfast’ for a reason, perhaps the most powerful challenger a Tesla Performance electric-vehicle has ever faced on a drag strip after the Rimac Concept One.
Drag Times has setup another interesting drag race competition for the viewing pleasure of ICE and EV enthusiasts alike — two top dogs from different vehicle realms fighting to prove their supremacy.
Tesla Model S P100D was expected to arrive for the challenge with Ferrari 812 Superfast but some reason it didn’t so a Model X P100D had to take it’s place.
The thing to remember here is that Model X is an SUV originally built as a family car and the Ferrari 812 is a born racing juggernaut, still the electric SUV puts on a show for us — also Model X P100D is around 2100 lbs heavier than the two seater Ferrari 812 Superfast and 2.5 times lesser in price.
Let’s check some stats for both vehicles in the data table below before watching the intense drag races and by the way Model X totally crushes a Ferrari 488 later in the video and without making any deafening noises.
Tesla Model X P100D vs Ferrari 812 Superfast comparison stats
|Options||Tesla MOdel X P100D||Ferrari 812 Superfast|
|Battery Pack/Engine||100 kWh Performance Version||6.5L Naturally Aspirate V12|
|Drivetrain||Performance Dual Motors (AWD)||Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)|
|Wheels/Tires||21" Tesla stock tires||Mickey Thompson sticky tires|
|Torque||920 ft-lbs||530 lb-ft|
|Horsepower||588 hp||790 hp|
|Curb Weight||5,700 pounds||3,594 pounds|
- War of the worlds: Tesla Model X P100D vs. Lamborghini Urus drag race
- World’s quietest drag race: Jaguar I-Pace vs Tesla Model X 100D & P100D
- Tesla Model S P100D vs. Dodge Demon in an epic 1/4 mile drag race battle
- Tesla Model 3 Performance sets a new record for 0-60 mph
- Tesla Model 3 Performance takes on Tesla Model X P100DL, McLaren 570S and a Camaro SS in 1/4 mile drags
- Ludicrous Mode & LaFerrari Power Is Not Enough For The Rimac Concept One