Tesla Model 3 spotted charging via CCS Port in the Netherlands, Air-Suspension is next
Great news for Tesla Model 3 reservation holders and potential customers started coming since last month when Tesla embarked on a Model 3 display journey across the continent.
A few weeks ago Tesla confirmed that the automaker is preparing to bring Model 3 with a CCS charge port in Europe — this will enable Model 3 owners to charge their vehicles on long-distance travel with ease.
Yesterday a member of the TeslaTurk (Tesla Owner’s Club in Turkey) spotted a Tesla Model 3 while charging which was retrofitted with a CCS charge port — as we can see in the pictures below, the car is filling up electrons through a Tesla Destination Charger with a CCS plug.
The member of the TeslaTurk asked more questions to the Tesla engineers present at the charging spot in Arnhem, Netherlands — to which they replied:
- These Tesl Model 3 vehicles are U.S. versions but the CCS port is retrofitted
- Tesla is actively working on retrofitting Tesla Supercharger stations will CCS connector cable (first photos)
- 1st day Model 3 reservation holders will get their cars delivered Q1, 2019.
- Tesla engineers in Europe will be retrofitting one of these test mule Model 3s with air-suspension for testing.
Last year in August, Elon Musk said that the Model 3 smart air suspension is coming in 6 months but with ‘production hell’ in action, this ordeal didn’t materialize but earlier this year Tesla confirmed that Air-Suspension for Model 3 will be coming in 6 months.
Several Tesla Model 3 vehicles are also spotted in Europe while being shipped to an unknown location by a member of the Model 3 Owners Club (see below). These Model 3s might be one of the test cars that will be retrofitted with air-suspension and CCS ports for testing and evaluation in European conditions.
If you have any news/tips/pictures of Tesla Model 3 from Europe you can DM us on Twitter or post a comment below, we will work on the story together.
- First look: Tesla Model 3 priority Supercharger retrofitted with CCS connector
- Tesla Model 3’s successful European display tour – part 2 [photo galleries]
- Tesla Model 3 CHAdeMO charging is now enabled in North America
- Download Tesla Model 3 Parts Catalog in PDF
- London Now Is Home To Tesla’s Biggest European Showroom
- Tesla opens their first Store, Service Center and Supercharging station in Ireland[Info & photo galleries]