Porsche Taycan prototype spied roaming the streets of China
Mar 12, 2019 | by Iqtidar Ali
Porsche’s first electric car, the Taycan is most recently spied wandering the streets of Guangzhou, China (video below) — not a surprise that it’s roaming the land of the biggest electric vehicle market.
Many auto journalists and enthusiasts these days are counting Porsche Taycan as a potential competitor to Tesla’s Model 3 compact electric sedan. Porsche is claiming they have got more the 20,000 reservations with deposits down for the Taycan, Model 3 units sold till date are more than 218k+.
The above photo of the Porsche Taycan was taken in China back in January and now the following video shows the German automaker is extensively testing the car for the Chinese market, where Tesla has already sold thousands of Model 3s already.
Someone should tell Porsche that those fake exhaust pipes on the rear bumper are just ‘unnecessary’ and isn’t adding value to the overall design of the car which is otherwise not bad at all.
According to Porsche’s plan, the Taycan should hit production and delivery next year, the car was previously called ‘Mission E’ since it was a concept, the transition to the prototype design has taken some hits of reality.
Audi with their e-tron and now Porsche with the Taycan seem to be focusing more on retaining their existing customers and providing their electric vehicles as an option rather than harvesting their trust and belief with the new generations, especially the millennials.
Porsche released a short video a while ago that tells the car enthusiast community on how to pronounce ‘Taycan’ properly, let’s listen carefully to not be mistaken the next time.
The featured photo and spy video fo the Taycan was shared on social media by our friend JayinShanghai, he also posted the following picture of the car that was taken a while ago, this is the same color of the Taycan prototype that Porsche published a while ago but from Germany (gallery below), no information available that confirms this is the same car or not.
- Tesla Model X vs. Rivian R1S compare features and specs
- Rivian R1T electric pickup truck seems to have hit the sweet spot
- In-depth review of the Audi e-tron
- Rivian unveils their electric SUV, the ‘R1S’ with 410 miles of range on a single charge
- Tesla Model X vs Jaguar I-Pace spec to spec comparison data
- Let’s see how Jaguar I-Pace performs at speeds above 200 km/h (~125 mph)
- Tesla Model 3 vs Audi A4 Sedan detailed comparison data
- Audi wins the license for testing self-driving cars in New York, demonstration due in mid-June