02 Dec 2017 Civic Si Unveiled – Specs, Video And HD Photo Gallery
2017 will be the year marking the completion of the 10th Generation Honda Civic line-up. The missing piece until now was the Civic Si which Honda revealed a couple weeks ago on the eve of 2016 LA Auto Show. Honda claims that this 2017 Civic Si will be the most fastest and powerful Si yet. We think it’s the most beautiful one too specially in terms of the interior (photo gallery below). Also the Civic Type R was unveiled at the Paris Auto Show earlier this year and is coming to North America in 2017.
The unveil event happened in Downtown, LA which featuring the 2017 Civic Si in shimmering Rallye Red Pearl color. Civic Si was born a JDM in 1984 as a hatchback with only 91 horsepower but always represented a high-performance version of the Civic lineup.
This will be, hands down, the fastest, best-handling Si we've ever offered to our customers
– Jeff Conrad, senior vice president and general manager of Honda
With the little information available right now, we are able to give you the following specs.
Engine & Transmission:
1.5-liter, direct-injected and turbocharged DOHC in-line 4-cylinder engine with dual variable cam timing (dual VTC) mated to a short-shifting 6-speed manual transmission
- – Full Factory Performance (HFP) Aero Kit
- – Front and rear splitters and rear spoiler,
- – Center-mounted polygonal exhaust finisher and
- – 19-inch 235/35Y high-performance Tires mounted on HFP 19 x 8J 10-spoke forged aluminum alloy wheels
2017 Civic Si Prototype interior closely previews the production model Sedan & Coupe and fetures:
- – Si-exclusive front sport seats with red stitching, including stitched Si logos
- – The red sport stitching carries through to the doors, steering wheel and leather shift boot
- – Aluminum shift knob
- – Si Prototype interior also features a red driver’s TFT meter and audio system illumination
- – Aluminum sport pedals
- – Dry Metal Carbon instrument panel trim
The 10th Generation Civic has garnered phenomenal success in terms of sales and accolades in North America. The 2016 Civic Sedan was named North American Car of the Year at the North American International Auto Show in January. Civic is the best-selling car with individual American car buyers in 2016 and is on track to post the highest U.S. sales in its 44-year history, with sales up 11.7 percent to 310,142 units through the end of October. The previous U.S. sales record for Civic of 339,289 units was set in 2008.
Read the review for recently launched Honda Civic Hatchback.