Sacramento Police now on the look for these two infamous Tesla vandals
Two men involved in vandalizing a Tesla car last week have been at large since the video of their act went viral, most probably uploaded by the owner of the affected car. Mainstream media refrained from showing their faces on TV since a Police report was not filed, now the Sacramento Police are searching for both individuals actively, Fox News reports.
According to the Sacramento Police Department press release, both men caused ‘significant damage’ to the car, according to California Law if the damage to property is of more than $400, the District Attorney / Prosecution has the right to file the case as ‘felony’.
The video of the act shows clear faces of both men, the Sacramento Police Department describes the vandals as:
The suspects are white and between 20 and 30 years old, according to the police department. One is around 5 feet 11 inches tall and 190 pounds while the other is believed to have been around 5 feet 9 inches tall and 170 pounds.
The Sacramento Police Department also released the following video and is asking the help of the community in identifying the suspects [Scroll down for case update].
Message from the Sacramento Police Department:
Police Seek Help in Vandalism Investigation
On Thursday, May 9, 2019, at approximately 6:56 p.m., two male suspects vandalized a vehicle that was parked in the 1100 block of Front Street. The suspects vandalized a Tesla vehicle and caused significant damage.
The Police Department is requesting the community’s assistance in identifying the suspects in the video and pictures below.
The suspects are described as:
· Suspect #1: Male, white, 20-30 years-old, approximately 5’11” tall, and 190 pounds. This suspect was last seen wearing a black hat, black sunglasses, a black shirt with “Merica” written on the front, dark blue jeans and black flip-flops.
· Suspect #2: Male, white, 20-30 years-old, approximately 5’9” tall, and 170 pounds. This suspect was last seen wearing a black hat, glasses, grey shirt, grey pants, and black shoes with a white sole.
The Sacramento Police Department encourages any witnesses with information regarding this incident to contact the dispatch center at (916) 808-5471 or Sacramento Valley Crime Stoppers at (916) 443-HELP (4357) or submit an anonymous tip using the free “P3 Tips” smartphone app. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward up to $1,000.
Residents of the Old Sacramento area can really help in identifying the suspects as that will provide justice to the victim and will save many many other Tesla owners from becoming a target of such acts of hate.
Since the event is getting wide media coverage, thanks to Tesla Sentry Mode which captured the clear footage of receiving damage from these douchebags when caught these guys are going to be in big trouble.
On the other hand, Oslo Police is investigating a motorcyclist breaking a Model X side mirror while still driving on the highway, if these two cases are resolved, it will be a big win for Tesla owners as they’re becoming prey to the hate with each passing day.
Featured Photo: Courtesy of Sacramento Police Department.
These Tesla Model 3 vandals gave a voluntary arrest to the Sacramento Police Department after two days of the video and news going viral across the internet and local media, the following update was posted on the Tesla Subreddit by a person close to the victims.
- Strangers praising Tesla Model 3, caught by Sentry Mode
- The story of Tesla Model 3 window break-ins
- Tesla Supercharger ‘de-ICE-ing’ done the right way – Model X tows Chevy Silverado
- Tesla further enhances the ‘PIN to Drive’ security feature in 2018.48.1 update
- Tesla Model 3 vandal caught by Sentry Mode in Norway
- China has a solution for Supercharger ICEing
- Testing ‘Autopark’ & ‘Autopilot’ on a Tesla Model 3 after V9 update