Tesla launches Model 3 Standard Range Plus in Europe, Autopilot goes ‘Standard’ globally
Tesla finally launches the more affordable Model 3 variant for the European market, the ‘Standard Range Plus’ for €44,500 that is around €10,800 cheaper than the ‘Long Range Dual-Motor’ version available in the next tier.
The other big news for potential Tesla customers is that ‘Autopilot’ now comes as ‘Standard/Included in Price’ option, this was till yesterday a €2,000 / $2,000 option — Full Self-Driving package still costs €5,200 / $5,000 USD.
The third big bang Tesla put out today is removing the ‘$35k Model 3 Standard’ from the online design studio, means you can no longer order the Standard Range Model 3 (for now).
Tesla customers in Europe need to rejoice as they are getting a lower-cost electric vehicle that they love, the European Model 3 Standard Range Plus is showing a 415 km or range with a 225 km/h of top speed.
This Rear-Wheel Drive option is great for potential customers that don’t need the agility of the Dual-Motor option in the terrain they usually face, even then the RWD Model 3 is great in snow if equipped with proper winter tires.
The Standard Range Plus Model 3 comes with the ‘Partial Premium’ interior and an audio system with fewer speakers and limited ‘immersive sound’ (see a detailed comparison with Premium Interior and Sound we covered earlier)
The prices for paint and wheels have also been dropped today, the Red Multi-Coat now costs $2,000 instead of $2,500 earlier and the 19″ Sport wheels now cost $1,500 instead of $2,000 previously.
Tesla is shuffling prices again, the last time they changed pricing for Autopilot, they had to face a lot of criticism from the Tesla community, customers, press and the Wall Street, they reverted the prices as a result, let’s see how much pressure can Tesla take this time.
Meanwhile, you can order your lower prices Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus including the ‘Autopilot Software’ from the Tesla Design Studio Online.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
Video: Bjørn Nyland talks about the Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus launch in Europe
- First look: Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus, compare audio with premium sound
- Another Tesla Model 3 crash proves ‘it is the safest car ever built’, Tesla calls the owner within 5 mins for assistance
- Compare Tesla Model 3 interior dimensions with several sedan and EVs
- Elon Musk unveils the Tesla Model Y with 230 to 300 miles of range
- The true story of a Tesla Model 3 Performance snow rallying at night in the Canadian wilderness
- Removing Model 3 dashboard wood trim and applying walnut wood stain
- The stunning Tesla Model 3 with Satin Gray wrap