This vintage inspired Tesla Destination Charger goes viral, again!
The Inside Scoop ice cream parlor in Coopersburg, Pennsylvania is a unique destination, the owners Tony Caciolo and family have a unique taste when it comes to design, they love the retro style from the 1950s but they also love the futuristic Teslas.
Mr. Caciolo has set up some special Tesla destination chargers outside his ice cream shop, mirroring the vintage style gas pumps — even featuring the mechanically rolling price and quantity counters, but he has kept the word deprecated word ‘Gallons’ instead of ‘kW’ on the stalls but still cool.
The image first went viral on Reddit earlier this year, accumulating more than 4.5k upvotes, courtesy of a visitor who posted the photo on the notorious forum, after more than 4 months another Tesla subreddit user took a nice picture (below) at a late evening hour and within 9 hours it is reaching to almost ~10k upvotes on Reddit.
The above photo of the Tesla destination charger stall was posted on Reddit by theSpy69 which is still gaining traction on the forums. Tony Carciolo’s ‘The Inside Scoop‘ is visited by around 100,000 visitors a year according to his interview with Inverse.
The design of the Tesla logo on the top of the charger stall also modified to vintage style, the lamp post beside the charger also takes the imagination to the past era.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk is also a fan of the old-school, last year he expressed his intentions to design one of the upcoming Los Angeles Superchargers to vintage era styling including a rock restaurant and roller skates, but Tesla Model 3 production and delivery hell must have diverted his attention from giving this thought a shot.
- Tesla launches Supercharger V3 for Model 3 (watch charging at 250 at 1000 mph)
- First look: Tesla Model 3 priority Supercharger retrofitted with CCS connector in Europe
- Tesla Supercharger ‘de-ICE-ing’ done the right way – Model X vs. Chevy Silverado
- Breaking the cost of a 1,000-mile road trip in a Tesla Model 3 vs. Audi A4
- Tesla China finds a creative solution for Supercharger ICE-ing issue
- Electric Vessels + Tesla Semi Trucks: Europe’s perfect zero-emission inland shipping plan
- All Tesla Supercharger News