14 Dec Elon Musk Among Other Tech And Business CEOs Joins Donald Trump’s Business Council
Dec 14, 2016
Tesla/SpaceX CEO and Chairman Mr. Elon Musk among other top executives (full list below) have joined the business council of President-elect Donald Trump (source: Reuters). So this is the end of all negative speculations and propaganda that Donald Trump will prove to be the archrival of Tesla/Elon Musk and Electric Vehicles in general. Previously Donald Trump has been heard saying that climate change and global warming is a hoax created by the Chinese and this pointed towards his anti-green policies but now the game seems to be changing.
Elon Musk along with GM CEO Mary Barra among other top executives are going to meet Mr. Trump today at Trump Towers New York, Uber CEO Travis Kalanick will not be able to attend the meeting today as He is travelling.
Lately Elon Musk is not been very happy about the win of Donald Trump and have even said “He doesn’t seem to have the sort of character that reflects well on the United States.”
Let’s see how today’s meeting goes and Silicon Valley elite will brief President-elect on his policies for the tech industry. Surely this will have a long term impact on Tesla, Electric Vehicles and other green technologies as well as SpaceX and space exploration.
Update: Washington Post posted video of some minutes of the meeting in which Trump is addressing the council (below).
Trump’s Business Council Full List
- Elon Musk, Chairman and CEO, SpaceX and Tesla
- Stephen A. Schwarzman (Forum Chairman), Chairman, CEO, and Co-Founder of Blackstone
- Paul Atkins, CEO Patomak Global Partners, LLC, Former Commissioner of the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Mary Barra, Chairman and CEO, General Motors
- Toby Cosgrove, CEO, Cleveland Clinic
- Jamie Dimon, Chairman and CEO, JPMorgan Chase & Co
- Larry Fink, Chairman and CEO, BlackRock
- Travis Kalanick, CEO and Co-founder, Uber Technologies
- Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company
- Rich Lesser, President and CEO, Boston Consulting Group
- Doug McMillon, President and CEO, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Jim McNerney, Former Chairman, President, and CEO, Boeing
- Indra Nooyi, Chairman and CEO of PepsiCo
- Adebayo “Bayo” Ogunlesi, Chairman and Managing Partner, Global Infrastructure Partners
- Ginni Rometty, Chairman, President, and CEO, IBM
- Kevin Warsh, Shepard Family Distinguished Visiting Fellow in Economics, Hoover Institute, Former Member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- Mark Weinberger, Global Chairman and CEO, EY
- Jack Welch, Former Chairman and CEO, General Electric
- Daniel Yergin, Pulitzer Prize-winner, Vice Chairman of IHS Markit